"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it along to someone else." Mitch Albom

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  I decided I wanted to write a blog to keep everyone who is interested up to date on my puppy.  I can't tell you how excited I am for this experience and feel very honored to be allowed this opportunity.  Just think...in 2 short years, my new puppy may be making a difference in someone's life!  Many people have asked me where in the world I got the idea to do this.  Well, back when I was in Middle School or High school my mom and I encountered someone at a horse show who was raising a service puppy.  I really thought it would be a cool thing to do and the idea has been sitting in the back of my mind ever since.  It was just never really the right time to do it.  When I ran across a KSDS booth at the Wichita Lawn and Garden show, the idea was brought back.  I talked to Pat and when he didn't object, I knew it was something I had to do.  I had my application in the mail in a week.  My kids are, of course, very excited about the idea of another puppy.  More importantly, they are excited about the idea of helping change someone's life for the better.  I got the "official" letter in the mail yesterday telling me I have a puppy waiting for me.  Pat, Kinsey and I went shopping and bought some little toys and a leash and collar.  Kinsey thought that hot pink would be best for a little girl.  I told her that's fine, but I get to pick next because that is definitely NOT my color of choice!  I figured puppies grow fast.  Many people have also asked how I'm going to manage to give the puppy back in 15-18 months.  I just have to remind myself through the whole experience why I'm doing it.  I also have a beautiful lab named Bailey that will never go anywhere!   I can't wait to introduce her to her friend next Friday and begin my new adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to meeting you on Friday! I'll try to send you some photos of your puppy that I took a few weeks back!

    ReplyDelete