"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it along to someone else." Mitch Albom

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Churry's First Sleepover

   Aside from about 20 hours back in December when she and Bailey stayed with my in-laws while I visited my Grandpa, Churry has never spent a night away from me since I brought her home on August 5th, but she is about to enjoy this adventure!  I have conferences this week and Churry will be going to stay with another puppy raiser to accomplish a couple of things...1.  Expose her to a new work environment and different experiences 2.  The more experienced raiser can hopefully give me tips on what she and I need to work on and 3.  Relieve some stress off of Pat, who is very busy with the kids' schedules while I'm at work.

   It will be good for Churry...because it's not just me who's attached to her...she's quite attached to me.  To the point of being fussy if it's not me who feeds her or refusing to let me be in a room by myself or being unable to lie down and rest unless I'm sitting.  She doesn't bark, scratch at the door, or whine when I'm in another room...but, she does just sit there in front of it staring at the closed door until I come out or pace around nervously.  So, even though I'm going to really miss her...I see the advantages of having her leave me for a couple of days...And, she'll enjoy visiting her sister, Shelby, who stayed with us over Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment