"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it along to someone else." Mitch Albom

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Great experiences at home

    I had planned to take Churry somewhere for an outing today...didn't know where, but wanted to take her out somewhere.  I ended up deciding against it because my husband decided to work on the basement....power tools, pieces of wood everywhere, unusual noises, etc.  I thought it would be a better experience today to stay home.  She wasn't phased by it a bit.  She would go downstairs every now and then to see what he was doing and watch awhile, but was good not to get in the way or cause problems.  She seemed to think the loud machinery was very interesting and was calm enough to obey the commands of sit/stay/down while we were down there.  I also let her just hang around down there without having to "listen", but just experience it as a dog.   And of course, she will steal some love whenever she can.  Besides watching Pat work, she spent the rest of the day "helping" me with laundry and laying on my feet, which I appreciated on this chilly day!  I'm hoping we will finally see some snow tomorrow!  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment