"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it along to someone else." Mitch Albom

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Enjoying the public and accepting that everyone is entitled to their opinions...

    Whenever we are out and about, many people ask about Churry and many kids stop to greet her.  It is always fun to be able to share about KSDS with the public and thankfully Churry is usually a good ambassador!  On one outing this week, a person commented that he didn't think Churry would be a very good service dog because she's clearly lazy.  I guess this is because she was in a Down at my side (because I TOLD her to) and had been there for about 10 minutes while he was talking to me?  Even though I knew what she was doing, it was still pretty unnerving to have someone say that about my puppy!  It does worry me that Churry is exceedingly stubborn about refusing to do things she doesn't feel like doing or doesn't see the need to do, but hopefully, she will outgrow this and succeed in her intended profession...However, I still didn't really appreciate the observation from him.  I guess I need to get some thicker skin.

     Are there other puppy raisers with very stubborn puppies?  Do they eventually succeed?

1 comment:

  1. Stubborn puppies are often the most successful! Why you ask - they are the smartest! :) She'll be wonderful, I have no doubts of her future success!

    ReplyDelete