"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it along to someone else." Mitch Albom

Monday, October 29, 2012

Food Refusal: Round 2

   How do you teach a child about cooking and food?  Well, you pull up the chair and let them watch.  So, tonight, Churry got to practice her Sit and Stays, as well as food refusal, sitting in a chair watching me prepare dinner.



When she got bored with that I made the challenge a little bit more difficult and had her practice a Down/Stay on the floor with temptations in front of her.  I kept adding more and more in until she fell asleep.

You can't really tell, but there is food inside the plastic bag in front of her.

Food distractions, toys, a basket of little gourds and pumpkins, the cupboard, etc.  None of them even tempted her!

So why does my dog randomly snatch food off my plate!  She performs beautifully in all of my "test trials"!

No comments:

Post a Comment