"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it along to someone else." Mitch Albom

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back to School

      Jet has been pretty bored the last two weeks.  It's back to school time, and that means this mama is missing in action as I return to my classroom!  I love my job so much, but there are certain times of the year that I do feel guilty about, and back to school time is one of them.

      However, Jet still continued with his training every evening.  He has really been building some stamina and endurance the last couple of weeks for longer walks.  It has been a great stress reliever for me when I get home each night after working long hours.  During this two weeks he has mastered two more commands...faster and slower.  He is a pro at them.  He is such a natural walker.  It doesn't matter how slow I dawdle along, he doesn't leave my side and always maintains a loose leash.  I have to remind myself to put his Gentle Leader on because he truly does awesome without it.  He never pulls at all, but I want him to be accustomed to wearing it in the event that his future partner would need a little extra support.  On the other hand, if he's capable of working without it I don't want to give him the idea he doesn't need to work if he's NOT wearing it.  So, we wear it every other night.  Having had Churry, who was somewhat of a puller, it's amazing to me how well he does without it.

    And, today was an exciting day for every Puppy in Training...our cape arrived!  I didn't really have time this afternoon to go anywhere (because I'm working on school stuff from home after spending all morning AT school) so we just tried it on and posed for a picture.  I'm pretty sure I accidentally received the larger cape rather than the smaller puppy cape because it's huge on him and he's big as it is.  So, I need to check into getting a smaller one.  But, he looked cute anyway.  He LOVED getting dressed.  After I put it on he lifted his head up and trotted along very proudly!



Jet loves helping get the laundry out of the dryer and bringing it to me.  

We started with socks and have moved to larger articles of clothing.  He also gets them out of the washer, which is a much bigger challenge for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment