"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it along to someone else." Mitch Albom

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Churry

     Many of you know already, but I have to make the sad announcement that Churry was released on Tuesday for hip dysplasia.  It was a very rough day.  I think hearing that news was harder than turning her in.  We had worked so hard and it was a major let down for us.

      However, some good did come out of it.  For starters, we got to see our girl again.  She spent the night with us on Wednesday.  Second, she was adopted by some good friends of ours so we will see her whenever we want!  They are such a wonderful place for Churry to live her life.  They will take wonderful care of her I have no doubt!  There are few people in this world as picky as I am about things, such as the care of my dogs, but this family will not only meet, but exceed my standards.  They have puppy sat for Churry once and loved her.  While Churry won't ever replace their dog that passed away, I hope she'll step up to the plate and fill the void they've had in their family.

     Here are some pictures of her few hours with us on Thursday.

BEST. PICTURE. EVER.

Bailey did not want to sit with "the babies".

Jet enjoyed Churry's company.

Bailey finally got with the program.  Getting all 3 of them to stay was a challenge, since the only one of them who really has that skill mastered well is Churry.


"PSST, I've heard a lot about you!  I've got some big shoes to fill apparently."

"Maybe if I act like you, the mommy will talk real nice about me when I'm gone, too!"





1 comment:

  1. These are the best pictures. What a beautiful time and a wonderful memory for your family. I am so happy for you knowing that Churry has found her match and that you will be so excited to see her "whenever you want". Nice work, Churry and Family - you made the best team to get her into the best family!!!

    ReplyDelete