"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it along to someone else." Mitch Albom

Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

   This past week has been a whirlwind of activity for us!  Churry hasn't had many outings, but has had lots of training at home in different situations, although I didn't get many pics because I was very rushed all week.  The week started off with planting about 75 flowers  and cleaning out my flower beds.  Churry is getting MUCH better at staying out of them.  A couple of weeks ago after we planted our garden we had the sprinkler going in it.  I turned around to see Churry right in the middle of the  garden, on top of the sprinkler, just thoroughly enjoying getting soaked and muddy!  After I yelled "OUT" at her, she proceeded to take a roll in the mud before getting out.  I am very happy to report that she now knows she does not belong in the garden or in the flowers!   She still loves to admire them, but from the edge where she belongs!

    The next big event was Jacob's birthday party and Jordan's promotion party.  She did a great job at not soliciting attention from people or whining while she was hooked on her leash on the patio.  She laid very politely by Pat the entire evening without pulling or being a pest.  When there were just a few guests left, we let her roam and she did a fairly good job of not licking and jumping up on people.

    She did get to run some errands today with my daughter and mom.  She did a great job while in the stores with them.  I'm pleased that her good store behavior carried over with another handler.   I am so excited for the many things we will be able to do this summer together while I'm on summer break!  Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment