"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it along to someone else." Mitch Albom

Sunday, August 14, 2011

First Puppy Get-Together

Churry enjoyed her first puppy get-together today in Lawrence.  I was really nervous that she would behave horribly and bother the rest of the class, but she did fantastic!  I was so proud of her.  Even though she didn't know how to do all of the commands that the older puppies did, she got to practice on the ones that she does know.  Such as sit, and sit, and sit some more, and sit when other dogs are getting to do other things, etc.  It helped that it was her afternoon napping time, but I was proud of her anyway.  And, I must say, relieved to see that the puppies are puppies, not robots,  and are not perfect at all times.  It was really helpful to see some of the commands I'm supposed to be teaching in action, not just written in the manual. 

Churry had the opportunity to meet Pat's remote control racecar during her playtime last night in the yard.  She is so brave!  I must say I don't think Churry is really scared of anything, a bit uneasy at times, but handles it very well.  Once she got used to it for a couple of minutes, she had a ball racing it around the yard.  And she worked on "No Barking" at things.  She does not hesitate to give people and objects a piece of her mind if they are not doing what she wants!  She has a pretty high sense of self-esteem for such a little thing!  :)  I don't think I heard a bark come out of Bailey's mouth until she was six months old...and very rarely now, only if she thinks there is someone outside at night. 

We are still working on "Down" when in a sitting position and I plan to start working on "Stay" this week, too.  And, as she proved to me today at puppy class, she ENJOYS being on her back.  Apparently, just not when I try to do it, so we will work on that as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment